Best Job Ever
So today I had a conversation with a client’s friend that I’ve had many times, but haven’t had in a while. It’s always some variation of the following, and it always leaves me shaking my head on the inside:
Dolt: So, do you do ALL kinds of piercings?
Me: Yes.
Dolt: So, like, you get to see girls boobs as part of your job?
Me: *thinking “Oh Chirst, here we go again.”* Yes, I do female nipple piercings.
Dolt: Man, you’ve got the best job ever!
Me: I definitely love my job. Just keep in mind, I also pierce penises as part of my job.
Dolt: *face screwed up in some sort of horrified expression* Oh man! Your job sucks!
Me: *internal sigh* Nope, I’ve go the best job ever.
Having done this job a while now, I’ve seen people do really weird stuff and say some really ridiculous shit while in the shop, or more often, in the piercing room. There isn’t a whole lot that really surprises me anymore. However, this conversation still gets me a little bit each and every time.
Maybe I don’t want to believe that the people I have this convesation with are truly that short-sighted or just plain ignorant.
Time-and-time again though, they prove me wrong.

No comments:
Post a Comment